Saturday, June 5, 2010

Wish i had known..


Well i spent the better part of last night looking up online and reading a post from a blog on leaving your sons intact. i wish i had found this a lot sooner,it makes me regret my decision to circumcise,my son as i did do it. its weighed heavily on my heart since then, i was not present when they did it as i would have probably changed my mind then. now a days at least in my family and area its the norm to circ, its just a given you have a boy you get them circd. i wish i had researched it more before just agreeing to it. i wish i had been brave enough to say can i have more information, i was not an outspoken person about my style of parenting beforhand, and now, well you cant shut me up. i breasfeed on demand, i co-sleep, i am all for intact boys, i wear my baby and believe firmly in not letting nanies,children cry it out. this is me who i am and how i want to parent, i just wish i had been more informed anout the circ. noone gave me any information about leaving him intact, about the benefits of it and the cons(if any). point is i guess people stay informed do your research and be firm. for your babies...

No comments:

Post a Comment